MONDAY 15TH JANUARY
Online Zoom workshop
Date Monday 15th January 2024
Time 10.30am–3.30pm London time
Price £90, with 10% of every ticket price donated to The Trussell Trust (£2,381.64 donated to date)
E-mail me if you’d like to book on to this workshop.
About the workshop
This workshop will be delivered virtually via the Zoom platform. Anyone signing up to the workshop will receive an email meeting code which will link you to the online workshop, to begin at 10.30am (London time) sharp on Monday 15th January 2024.
It’s a phone photography workshop for foodies, bloggers and those with a social media presence looking to enhance the output of their photography. This 5-hour workshop is for people who are both new to social media and image creation and for those who are interested in honing their skills much more effectively, especially as a tool to self-promote their businesses. There are two main elements to the workshop:
• A talk and slide presentation about phone photography
* Finding a style
* Suggestions for styling food for photography
* Taking good photographs with your phone
* Editing your images
• A practical workshop to practice what’s just been discussed
* You’ll be able to follow both my desktop camera and phone screen as I set up on the phone and style a scene simply at the table in the way that I do for most of the shots which I publish to Instagram and web.
After the workshop, I'll be online to answer any questions you might have.
* 10.30am–3.30pm London time, Monday 15th January 2024 (30-minute break around 1.00pm)
* Cost: £90 (I request pre-payment for the workshops via online bank transfer)
* A Zoom recording of the workshop will be available to watch back for up to four weeks after the workshop
You will need
* Your own camera phone or tablet (iPhone is my camera phone of choice and is the one I will be demonstrating with, but any smart phone or tablet that you take images with will be fine)
* The most up-to-date version of the Instagram app for your phone/tablet would also be helpful
Alternatively, you might just wish to sit and watch!
I’m an art director and designer with a great passion for phone photography and its usefulness for publishing to social media and web and the promotion of your business. I’ve worked with some of the country’s best chefs, foodies and food photographers during a career spent in food publishing and hospitality. I understand the power of Instagram as a marketing and communication tool and I also love to enhance how people think and create in the world of food. I’ve worked with many brands and individuals to create content exclusively for their Instagram accounts and online sites. I've spent more than twenty years working in cookbook publishing and hospitality.
My workshops are perfect for foodies and bloggers keen to enhance their smart phone photography and for anyone who wants to improve their Instagram presence. They are great for people new to Instagram and also for those who are interested in using the app much more effectively, especially as a business tool to self-promote.