NEW! MASTERCLASS REFRESHER
Online Zoom workshop
Date Monday 11th March 2024
Time 9.30am–12.30pm London time
E-mail me if you’d like to book on to this workshop.
About the workshop
This is a REFRESHER workshop – for my main photography workshop follow the link from my Workshops page.
This refresher workshop is intended for anyone who joined me for one of my workshops (there were 85 of them!) before March 2020 and wishes to top up their skills via refreshed and new insights OR for anyone who has been on the workshop since 2020 and would simply like to refresh their skills and pick up new information, ideas and inspiration in a re-jigged format.
My main workshop has evolved over the six years that I have been running them. Whilst my teaching foundations remain firm from what I first shared many years ago, the phones have changed: better lenses, better sensors, more bespoke options. And the Instagram platform is now a very different arena. This workshop is shorter than my main workshop (3 hours plus Q&A time, rather than the 5 hours of my main workshop), and is aimed at anyone who attended a session with me before the advances above, before any of us had lived through a pandemic... back to when jumping on a Zoom would seem like an odd thing to do with a fruit-flavoured ice lolly. You will learn more and you will re-learn better. This cost-friendly course will be perfect for anyone who has joined me before and feels that they would like to top up their knowledge and confidence behind the camera when shooting food.
Anyone signing up to the workshop will receive an email meeting code which will link you to the online workshop, to begin at 9.30am (London time) sharp on Monday 11th March 2024.
• What will it include?
* A strong and updated overview of all of the basics I cover in my main workshop
* An update on features of the phone, including improved lens capability and finer technical control of your camera functions
* Enhanced editing tools
* Practical food styling and photography demonstration
* You’ll be able to follow both my desktop camera and phone screen as I style, photograph and edit photos.
After the workshop, I'll be staying online for 45 minutes to answer any questions you might have.
* 9.30am–12.30pm London time, Monday 11th March 2024 via Zoom
* Cost: £55 (I request pre-payment for the workshops via online bank transfer)
* A Zoom recording of the workshop will be available to watch back for up to four weeks after the workshop
You will need
* Your own camera phone or tablet (iPhone is my camera phone of choice and is the one I will be demonstrating with, but any smart phone or tablet that you take images with will be fine)
* The most up-to-date version of the Instagram app for your phone/tablet would also be helpful.
* Alternatively, you might just wish to sit and watch!
I’m an art director and designer with a great passion for phone photography and its usefulness for publishing to social media and web and the promotion of your business. I’ve worked with some of the country’s best chefs, foodies and food photographers during a career spent in food publishing and hospitality. I understand the power of Instagram as a marketing and communication tool and I also love to enhance how people think and create in the world of food. I’ve worked with many brands and individuals to create content exclusively for their Instagram accounts and online sites. I've spent more than twenty years working in cookbook publishing and hospitality.
My workshops are perfect for foodies and bloggers keen to enhance their smart phone photography and for anyone who wants to improve their Instagram presence. They are great for people new to Instagram and also for those who are interested in using the app much more effectively, especially as a business tool to self-promote.